🧚🏻♀️🍄🦋 Oh Johnny I told you, I dont need another hat!! ...but... now that I have it on, I ...I... may not always be right about everrrrything ...you know ....Darling? A girl can change her mind, can’t she!? 💋💍👠
FACT: Nana and Papa’s pink bedroom is magical. Going to visit them today and I can’t wait to hear their stories and just be in their presence!! W Eric older than me I often get to live in his regrets, which may sound weird but i see it as an ultimate gift. In our first year together Eric’s beloved Grandmother Miriam passed away, and ever since I have made a priority to build a relationship with my grandparents while I have the opportunity. So what are you waiting for!? 💞Call your grandparents and tell them you love em! #callyourgrandma#family#love#ballerina#arianadewing
I’ve always been a book worm, growing up I’d get in trouble for bringing books to the dinner table, even being so nerdy as to write to authors using the publishers address found inside the book. In middle school wrote to Lisa Frank that way, and “she” wrote me back asking me to be an official member of her fan club! It made a huge impact on me that someone opened my letter! I had a voice - and I had been heard! That’s when I realized could connect with others, through writing, like a superpower! Now we have the opportunity to connect instantly to anyone in the world. 🤯Soo of course I’m super pumped, proud and in awe the man I married is now a published author and don’t tell him, but I found the address to write to him and I hope he writes me back, ha ha!
Eric wrote Instagram Husband, our love story to remind you that even if you give up on love, God may have other plans. Check it out @target@barnesandnoble@amazon@amazonkindle@audible@walmart and let us know how you like it! #Faith#love#marriage#audiobook#author#instagramhusband#truelove#soulmates
As promised!! My tips for rad pics part2 :)💖🎞‼️ 5.LOCATION & WARDROBE -find a place you’d like to capture, then envision a clothing style that tells a story. If you’re limited with your $$, see it as a great way to challenge your creativity. Visit your local thrift shop & find unique items you can theme your shoot around, or reach out to small businesses locally or through IG and offer to trade a photoshoot/post for an outfit - a great way to build a relationship and help their business grow!
6. MAKEUP-🤩 Don’t worry if your makeup or outfit looks a lil cray in person, what photographs well doesn’t always look great IRL. Learn from your mistakes! If you’re awful at makeup, and don’t have a friend who would love to help, become a student of YouTube and do your homework. Why not learn how to be your own glam?! 7.HAVE FUN, WORRY LESS! - now that you’re ready to shoot, don’t worry about anyone around you. Focus on the poses you practiced and don’t be afraid to try new ones! Usually when we take pics there’s people everywhere. Don’t let that get to you, embrace it! As long as you’re not doing anything illegal, I say you’re doing them a service for being so dang beautiful!! 😍
8. DANCE PHOTOS ARE SHOT DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER PHOTOS! If you don’t have the luxury of working w an actual dance photographer, make sure your photographer knows your angles. For dance pics using a camera you’ll need a fast shutter speed, or if you’re using a smart phone try holding down the button for a few seconds at a time, as you take photos for a “burst” of photos to capture the perfect moment! I prefer most my pics to be taken with the photographer lowww, angling up, to make me appear taller! 🤫
9. SET THE MOOD W YOUR EDIT- Simple tweaks to a pic go a long way. I use so many different apps to edit it just depends on the mood of the photo. I love using @tezza for a vintage vibe @prequel for making insta stories RIDICULOUSLY fancy and @lightroom for most everything else!
10. CAPTIONS COUNT- you have a voice you might as well use it! Share a funny story, a how to, a memory that reminds you of the photo...anything u find interesting, be yourself😉
Lmk what you think in the comments!! 💖🦋🎞
🎞💖Sooo you want to know how to take jaw-dropping photos but don’t know where to start? 🤯Don’t fret!! My best photo tips are here to help‼️ 1. GET ORGANIZED - Ask yourself, “What is the reason for the shoot?” If you’re like me you may tend to feel soooo inspired with tons of ideas, you get off track easily!🤪 I like to get organized by creating a visual space-either virtually or physically to see the vision come to life! Which leads me to my next tip
2.CREATE A MOOD BOARD- A mood board will allow you to see ideas that work and ones that don’t, before you waste time “on set” ! 😝Simpicity is a strong way to get your message across. If you have lots going on it will get confusing. Using apps like #piccollage and @pinterest to organize ideas will help ya see the vision!
3. LEARN PHOTOGRAPHY, LIGHTING ECT!! -Even if you have a team of professionals, learning about others jobs will only help your own understanding and become a better team player. 🤗If you don’t have a team, get a tripod, your phone & experiment!! My #instagramhusband takes all my photos but when he’s not able to I have a trusty tripod and know how to werk it!! I didn’t always, practice makes progress and I often remind myself not to get too critical. If you aren’t familiar with lighting don’t stress, natural lighting is da best! Try shooting at different times throughout the day and see what lighting you like. After 6pm is always magic for me!
4. LEARN YOUR ANGLES!! -I cannot stress this enough!! Angles are everything. I’ll admit- America’s Next Top Model is my guilty pleasure!! 🤭😂 I’ve watched every episode more than once and I can honestly tell you @tyrabanks knows best! Some poses and angles that work for others may not work for you, and you may find yourself judging your pics feeling discouraged if you try to take pics like someone else. Practice in front of a mirror, or set your phone up to record yourself posing, and see what works and what doesn’t.
5. FIND A THEME & LOCATION TO MATCH- Without a clear vision you will leave others feeling lost. Sooooo now that you have your clear vision, understanding of the camera and your angles you’re ready to create content!
Interestinggggg how @lara.spencer ‘s comment has caused the ballet world to ban together and stand up for male dancers everywhere. 😆
She clearly doesn’t know the AMAZING actual opportunities that male ballet dancers have!! As boys are bullied for dancing ballet and being seen as involving in a feminine activity, the TRUTH is that ballet requires boys to have insane amounts of physical stamina, the inhuman like strength to jump and turn whilst lifting women-constantly pushing their bodies to the extreme!! When NFL players use your art form to cross train it says a lot!! At summer programs, schools are practically desperate for boys to attend, giving out scholarships to some with as little training as 1yr-while girls work years to acquire proper technique only to be told they aren’t accepted🤭. With the ability to start later and still make it as professional dancers it’s an advantage and one of the many reasons I encourage young male dancers to purse a career!
What’s ALSO ironic is that men are the ones who have a better chance of becoming a professional dancer than women. At every audition I’ve ever been to, male ballet dancers are outnumbered by women, offering male dancers scholarships and company positions that women merely dream of 🙃. All of that being said- I can only imagine the peer pressure, bullying and embarrassment that goes along with being a male dancer and am really grateful for every single one of you who didn’t listen to the haters and went on regardless of the bullies, because without you, what would be of this incredible art form we all love. #ballet#boysdancetoo 📸 @theoriginalskulleryco with the amazing @edgar.nikolyan
Said goodbye to this amazing human as he leaves for college tomorrow morning! I met Ryan 3 years ago through teaching ballet @tohs_dancedepartment and it is a blessing to now call him a friend. 😌To know @ryanrittm is to have a compassionate heart, witness discipline and dedication to his craft, and to understand a humble, selfless strength. Sending you all the love and prayers on this new journey in your life Ryan!! Big thank you for allowing Eric and I to be apart of your story ♥️♥️♥️ #friendship#life#dance#walkingbyfaith